Welcome to Renaissance 17 Events Center
Located on Historic Route 66, in downtown Weatherford, Oklahoma. Renaissance 17 was built in 1917 by G.K. Harris. The face of the building, still bears G.K. Harris’ name and the year it was built. Extensive renovations of the “tallest” 2-story building on Main Street, began in February 2010 and were completed in June 2011.
The dream of a private facility, for social gatherings and corporate functions, began as the original 1917 features and beauty, of the Main Street level, were uncovered. New life emerged as the historic brick walls and gorgeous 14 foot tin ceilings with crown molding, were once again able to breathe. Next in line, installation of Hickory Hardwood Floors and Granite Entry. The rear of the building was totally revamped, allowing for a modern and fresh look. The rear renovations include a Prep Kitchen and well appointed Men’s and Women’s Restrooms, featuring tile walls and floors. There is also a Storage Room, that houses a variety of tables and chairs used for events. The Main Street and Rear entries, were completely renovated. The original Main Street Entry had upper transom windows; Renaissance 17 has restored that original design, while adding some additional beautification. Including, stone-accents and concave awnings on the 1st and 2nd levels. The rear of the building is ADA compliant and includes an awning that spans the entire handicap accessible ramp. The mechanical systems are new, including HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing.
Attention to Detail has been a priority, no feature was left unfinished, including:
- Full-Service, Antique Bar with 3-Keg Beer Cooler (ABLE Licensed)
- Majestic Tiger Oak Fireplace, custom built
- Hardwood Dance Floor
- Oak Staircase with Luxurious Carpet and Crystal Chandelier
- Stunning 14’ x 20’ Italian Mural, by Cynde Roof (2011 Okla Artist of the Year)
- Magnificent 16-Light Chandeliers with Dimming System
- Handsome 72” Ceiling Fans with Lighting
- Professional Audio/Video Systems and Ceiling Mounted Projection System
- State of the Art 10’ wide Projection Screen & 58” Flat Screen TV
- High Speed Wireless Internet Throughout
- Prep Kitchen w/Advantium Speed Cook/Convection Wall Oven
- Fabulous Restrooms
- Manitowoc 600lb Ice Machine & 150lb Portable Insulated Ice Cart
- Ample evening & weekend street parking w/additional parking in rear
Renaissance 17 has old world charm and elegance; with a warm, versatile ambiance. We can accommodate intimate private gatherings; as well as social or corporate events. With tables and chairs our capacity allows for 150 seated guests. If your event requires chairs only, we can accommodate up to 225 guests. With our attention to detail, uncompromising quality and advanced technology….our goal is to exceed your expectations.